Boyfriend Dungeon needs better non-binary characters

Boyfriend Dungeon has been my biggest surprise of the year. Although his intriguing premise meant that he had been watching him for a while, I am particularly interested in quote simulators or dungeon trackers, so, although combining them looked like a novel (visual) idea, it was hardly a game of tailor. Made for me. Even so, thanks to my curiosity and the simplicity of Game Pass, I decided to take a walk. Eight hours later, he had devoured all in a stage, maximizing all the available love options and finally committing me with the superstar of K-Pop Seven. It is almost perfect in its execution, but there is one thing that draws me attention: why were non-binary options so strange?

I understand that complaining of non-binary loving interests, in a game that offers you two different options and that does not have problematic tropes, it looks like a leg of a paw. It is, I admit it. I scream it from the roofs I'm fussy! - But these are important nits to pick up.

Related: Queer stories are complicated and games must prove it

Kitfox Games, the developer of Boyfriend Dungeon, has already been criticized by including a character that stalks and manipulates you, despite having a warning of activation by stalking and handling at the initial moments of the game. Eric, the character in question, is ...

Comments