"No doubt": Mihambo streaks at Olympia Gold - Malaika Mihambo

Completely relaxed, the German Gold Hope Malaika Mihambo took place in the catacombs of the Olympic Stadium of Tokyo on a stool and waited for the next questioner's news. Then the World Champion declared in the long jump of 2019, the so complicated search for their optimal start-up but still finished in time for.

"I'm very glad that it was finally fit in the third. It had been the first jump on the board for half a year," explained the Mihambo in itself after her entry into the final. At 6.98 meters she jumped as close as before this season yet to the seven-meter mark. "I was sure that the vices also come when I'm on the board. It's a self-confirmation because I had no doubt about it," said Mihambo, who only from the Serbian Ivana Spanovic (7,00 ) was exceeded.

Finally a suitable start

Fourth from Rio de Janeiro 2016, last year, shortened her run after a vulneration to the protection of 20 to 16 steps. Shortly before Olympia Mihambo still had visibly problems to come back over a good 40 meters in the rhythm. "I'm glad I found a starting, who fit. The self-confidence is there," was the 27-year-old on Sunday.

Qualification results do not want to override or understood. Completely smoothly ran the hotfring for the hoped-for coup on Tuesday (03.50 clock / mesz). "It was difficult," admitted Mihambo. "At the first jump I was a bit too far away. The second jump was actually fit, but I was too deep with the body's focus, I'm even bent in the jump." Number three was then the Feel-Good trial.

No liberation

As a liberation, Mihambo did not want to know the fast-seven-meter sentence. She is too self-confident for that. "I believed for me, so I did not have to free myself. It was nice to see that you have the right feeling then," she said. "These are great prerequisites for jumping in the final."

She had not had a medal competition in the morning (local time) yet. In the Gleutofen Olympiastadion at more than 30 degrees and sun ranked the long jumpers but at least on the shadow side. Mihambo is slowly "in Flow" after your own assessment. You see, "the startup fits slowly and then the vices also come, then you really come to jump."

Tokyo Olympic 2020                                            Hope light our way

"The body forgets nothing"

Maybe as in 2019, as she grabbed with 7.30 meters of gold in Doha. "The body forgets nothing, therefore the 2019 season is not outside," said the two "athlete of the year". To control the gold feeling in this final, can not hurt. "My goal would be that I have a very happy feeling in me," Mihambo expressed her wish view. "I'll do my best for that, so I can go with a ray of the square."

Maryse Luzolo from the LV Königstein missed the final. The 26-year-old (6.54) was nevertheless enthusiastic about her Olympia debut. "Now I'm here, I've done it, I jumped here and have given my best," said Luzolo, which was plagued by injuries. "It did not sound, but still I can say that I am very proud."

The German medal winners of Tokyo

Comments