Obvious before the release of the game, Yûji Naka tells her truth about Balan Wonderworld

We had already understood that the marriage arranged between Yûji Naka and Square Enix had turned to vinegar, but it was without suspecting the circumstances in which Balan Wonderworld, the industrial accident born of this alliance, was produced. In a long story published on Twitter, Sonic's dad and ancient Glory of Sega tells his vision of events.

"I was removed from my duties as director of Balan Wonderworld about six months before its release, and I therefore brought a lawsuit against Square Enix. Now that the procedure is finished and that I am no longer linked by the rules of The company, I would like to express myself ", begins Yûji Naka, who was responsible for making Balan Wonderworld alongside Naoto Oshima, to the delight of Square Enix who could then focus on this Platform game "Conça by the creators of Sonic". For the 56 -year -old veteran, it was also the first contract with a large publisher since his departure from Sega in 2006.

But today, Yûji Naka hardly feels in deference to his former employer, which he openly criticizes for not worrying about the quality of his games and therefore consumers. Yûji Naka explains that he was removed from his duties as a director for two patterns, under the leadership of several people, including the producer of the Noriyoshi Fujimoto game.

The first pattern revolves around the use of a resumption of music from the game by a youtuber in place of the composer's original track. Yûji Naka says he insisted that the original track was used, which apparently caused problems. But the substance of the problem is rather in the second reason: Square Enix criticizes Yûji Naka for having degraded relations with Arzest, the studio in charge of development, because of its alarming comments on the state of the game.

Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima present BALAN WONDERWORLD (Closed Captions) "I think it is an error on the part of Square Enix not to enhance games and game fans. I think all the efforts must be made so that the games are the best possible until the end, For game lovers to appreciate what they buy. It is not fair to eject a director who says it and completely dissociate it from the project, without discussion ", adds Yûji Naka who was apparently not entitled To refer to the game during the procedure, not even a simple interaction on social resale. "_I was a lot of comments and wonderful illustrations on Balan Wonderworld, and I'm really sorry I couldn't react there," he adds.

In his story, Yûji Naka therefore poses as a victim of circumstances and, not so common in the world of Japanese video games, openly accuses Square Enix and Arzest of a lack of professionalism and consideration for the public.

"Moi, I am really sorry for the customers who bought Balan Wonderworld in an unfinished state. From now on, I can finally answer you if you mention me on social networks. I think that when you make games, ask for corrections to do things well should be obvious, and if it is not possible, you have to talk about it. But apparently, it was not an option for Square Enix, so I don't think they attach importance to games, "he adds.

"For Sonic the Hedgehog, just two weeks before the finalization, the mechanics were modified so that the player does not die if he has even a ring. This now well known rule is the result of the Improvement of the game until the very end. Improving a game to the end is that it is a game creator, and if it is not possible, it is that something is wrong. I asked It is up to my lawyer to negotiate the fact that I can make comments once production is completed, but their refusal led me to file a complaint. "

" Personally, I think it is a real shame that Balan Wonderworld was released in the state in which he was. I wanted to show the world an action game in his real light. Consequently, I think Square Enix and Arzest are companies that do not care about games or their fans. I think the result of Balan Wonderworld and the critical welcome he received have a lot to do with what happened. I am really disappointed That a product on which I worked from the start turned this way ", concludes Naka.

Comments